Updated: Oct 21, 2018
(Difficulty Level: ✗✗✗)
I should start by noting I’ve never measured out this recipe. I don’t recommend tasting to the point of fullness, but this recipe is more of an outline and I suggest you cook to suit your taste!
I find the tartness of the kimchee helps cut the richness of the cream and cheese, but I also suggest pairing with a glass of crisp white wine... or a shot of soju 😉
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- approx 2.5 cups Kimchee (decently ripe)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 cups Parmigiano Reggiano (loosely packed)
- 2.5 cups Reserved Pasta Water
Cook your spaghetti noodles in salted water to al dente and set aside. Reserve about 2.5-3 cups of pasta water for your sauce.
Add diced up Kimchee and sauté.
Add sesame oil to Kimchee.
Once all softened, add your pasta to the mixture. Add about 1 1/2 cup of pasta water, your heavy cream and about 2 cups of grated cheese and stir all together. Add additional pasta water if the pasta is soaking up your sauce.
Finish with a drizzle of sesame oil over pasta and some grated cheese and ENJOY!
- the amount of onions, kimchee, garlic, grated cheese is to your personal preference.
- be sure you add any kimchee juice you have from your kimchee to the sauce.
- if you want a shortcut, use a jar of your fav alfredo sauce instead instead of making your own cream sauce.